Friday, May 1, 2026

Throw Away &

Throw Away & https://cohenovate.com/2026/04/28/throw-away/

As we continue to advance, we are realistically falling behind. Our throw away mentality makes it increasingly difficult to maintain old equipment, save newer technologies or make decisions that are economically feasible and good for our world.

Last week, I had a set of headphones gifted to my son in December for the holidays. When I reached out to Apple to get help with the power button which is a known issue, they wanted to charge $145.00 for repairs. I could go to Target and get a brand new pair on sale for $149.00. I could also get a refurb pair on Amazon for $119.00. It took three chat sessions and an hour phone call to get these set up for repair. I had to convince them that it was the right thing to do.

How many things could I have done to make it easier for me? Unfortunately, the world we live in makes it easier for us to do things that are more convienient and faster vs doing things that are more in line with doing the right thing.

Sunday came and went, I was jamming on repairing something else. I find now that I need to produce parts or spend a lot of time to find alternatives in our throw away society. It takes me 3-5x the amount of time to repair vs replace but I think we should be fixing things instead of throwing them away.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Burned the Boat &

I Burned the Boat & https://cohenovate.com/2026/04/19/i-burned-the-boat/ It was a crisp spring day with a perfect temperature for being ...